Underdog Animal Rescue, Inc.
How does the Adoption Process Work?
1) Complete and Submit an adoption application (there is one for each type of pet: cat vs. dog). It's important you fill out the application completely - incomplete apps are the number one reason for delays in the process. You can find both types (cat and dog) adoption applications right here on our website!!
2) Once you have submitted your application, we will contact the references you listed on your application (please let the people listed know that we will be calling them), including your veterinarian. Please be sure this information is accurate and that you included the correct phone number. Please contact your veterinarian to let them know that we will be contacting them. New privacy laws require that you give your consent before your information can be released.
3) In some cases, Underdog Animal Rescue may request to have a home visit to your house. There are many reasons why this may happen and should not be a cause of concern on the part of the adopter.
4) Once the approval process is COMPLETE, we will schedule a time that you meet the pet(s). Please keep in mind that we have several Foster Homes, and will need to coordinate accordingly. Adopters are expected to travel to meet the pet in their home environment. This allows the adopter to see how the pet acts in a relaxed environment that they are comfortable in. Parking lot meetings or bringing the pet to your home can often be stressful and isn't good representation of how the pet will act after a few weeks of transition.
5) After the meet & greet and you're a purr-fect match. It's just the means of signing some paperwork, and you are able to take your new family member home!!
*** The approval process can take place in a few days, or may take longer, depending on availability of your references. If you have not received a response on your application within a week, please email us at: email@example.com to report the problem. ***